LCHS Show History
Almost 70 years ago, in 1943 a group of residents in the Ludwig's Corner area of Chester County met to plan a horse show, the purpose of which would be to bring together lovers of horses and of the countryside to aid various community activities. Eighty-eight horses were entered in that first show, and the proceeds went to the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of Birchrunville.
Over the next 7 decades, through much hard work, effort, and planning, the Association bought and has maintained the beautiful 33-acre show grounds, on which this year's show is being held. Credit for this success must go to the individual members of the Ludwigs Corner Horse Show Association, past and present, who have given so much of their time and efforts over the years.
Income to maintain and improve the grounds for show purposes and to secure this open space for similar activities in the future is obtained from membership dues and donations, this horse show and the rental of the grounds to other groups for other horse shows, dog shows, antique shows, automobile shows and similar venues, and other fund raising activities.
The Ludwig's Corner Horse Show Association Foundation will continue to pursue the objectives for which it was organized and welcomes the support of all who would like to foster its aims. Further information regarding membership in and programs of the Association may be obtained from the Association Secretary, Ludwig's Corner Horse Show Association, PO Box 754, Uwchland, PA 19480.